Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pets are People Too

Spring is later than I want it to be this year. It could  be because I was sort of laid-up for 12 weeks with surgery and chemo. I am back at it again, wanting to walk my country road, roam in my flowers and play with my dogs. I do wish I had another dog or two. However, it is hard enough caring for the two we have. It is expensive. They have to have food, shots and teeth cleaning. I bet a lot of folks don't think about the expense when they get a dog; the bigger the dog the more expensive. More dog poop too.

 Although I have had big dogs (Lab and Wolf & Husky mix, and Dane& Wire-Haired Terrier) I now have Chihuahuas who are feisty and smart but also loving. If you are an older person a dog is a great friend. The dog needs you to move around and take them for walks; no sitting around! If you are a kid, you will learn (sort of) what it is like to have a baby or a child. You can't forget to water a dog or feed because it would die. What kind of horrible person would do that? I was a kid once and I always put my dogs first before me. My dad trained dogs in the Navy and could get almost any dog to do what he wanted. I am not that adept but I am not bad.

If you get a dog, remember he is will be your friend for the rest of his life so think about it. You cant just dump them. You have to take care of them. If I hear of people not taking care of their pets, I want to turn them in for animal cruelty and I do it.

 Cats are not that different from dogs; lots of nice folks talk to their kitties. Cats can be a loving and kind friend; they are more independent than dogs and can make do better in a crises. A cat I knew about got stuck in the house and had to tear open a bag of bread to eat while his people were absent.  Tut-tut!

Here's the deal with pets, namely dogs and cats. If you want one and you want to take care of it, it will make a big difference in your life. Our pets are more than something to pet; they key into our emotions and our hearts. You will be a better person because of your dog or cat. Here is a picture of my dogs.

As you can see, they sleep ON my bed and have a dog door. (please note: this is the body of a two-headed dog but two heads belonging to TWO dogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you spam with these comments to sell or promote anything I will delete them.